Course content reflects current business practices in class organizations. Courses balance nurturing of an appreciation for the role of theory in effective management with practical, how-to insights. While the emphasis in the program is directed toward managing in a technology-driven world, management competencies that apply to all business operations are covered.
The program provides an ethical and legal foundation for the student’s behavior in commerce and it gives the student insights into recognizing inappropriate behavior in others. It imbues the student with detailed knowledge of managing both projects and operations. It describes how effective managers lead—how they make decisions to motivate others and how they organize efforts to tap into human capabilities most effectively.
MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION PROGRAM OUTCOMES
For the Graduate level of Master of Business Administration, students are expected attain set of skills for successful employment in the international business world, professional research and teaching, and continuation of their education to higher levels. The MBA graduate programs are equipped to further student intellectual, personal, and professional development. The program includes applicable real-world knowledge from practicing professionals in local and international environments. Graduate program objectives
- Value Creation: To be able to identify customer needs and participate in the process of developing products and services to meet these needs; to be able to understand production models and distribution systems, and their role in the value creation process.
- Business Environment: To have general appreciation of the multicultural, political, environmental, legal and regulatory setting of the organization.
- Ethics: Will possess a thorough understanding of business ethical situations the laws regarding corporate governance, and the role of their personal integrity and values.
- Management: Will portray leadership skills, understand group and individual dynamics, and be able to work in teams; Will appreciate the importance of ethnic, cultural and gender diversity in the organization.
- Communication: Will enhance verbal, written and presentation communication skills. • Decision Analysis: Will have well-developed problem solving skills including the ability to analyze uncertain situations, utilize facts and evidence in drawing conclusions, apply decision making theories, and adapt and innovate in new settings.
- Technology: Will be able to use information technologies as they influence the structure and processes of organizations and economies, and as they influence the roles and techniques of management.
- Strategic Planning: Will understand the business as an integrated system; the relations between the functional areas and long-range planning, implementation and control.
Graduate program outcomes
- Students will possess knowledge of current theory and techniques of the major business disciplines (i.e. the MBA core courses).
- Students will exhibit the leadership capacity and teamwork skills for business decision making.
- Students will understand the ethical implication of business decision making and recognize ethical dilemmas.
- Students will demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Students will have an understanding of global perspectives.