If a student is terminated or cancels enrollment for any reason, the following refund policy will apply:
A student may request cancellation in any manner: fax, email, mail or in-person methods are preferred.
- All monies will be refunded if the school does not accept the applicant or if the student cancels within five (5) business days after signing the enrollment agreement and making the initial payment.
- Cancellation after the fifth (5th) business day, but before the first class, results in a refund of all monies paid, except for the registration fee. AULM provides additional consideration for students that have had extenuating circumstances, such as student illness or accident, death in the family, or other circumstances beyond the student’s control.
- A student may withdraw from one or more courses during a term and not be withdrawn from the university if the student is attending at least one course within the term or has registered for a course in a subsequent term within 30 days from the last scheduled date of the term. A student who withdraws from all of his or her courses in a term will be responsible for any charges that may accrue on their account due to the withdrawal.
- Cancellation after attendance has begun, through 40% completion of the program will result in a Pro Rata refund computed on the number of hours completed to the total program hours.
- Cancellation after completing more than 40% of the program will result in no refund.
- The refund is calculated based on the postmarked date that a student’s cancellation is received by the University.
- Refund payments will be made within 30 days of termination of students’ enrollment or receipt of the refund request.
Sample Refund Calculation:
John Doe registers for 1 course at the Bachelor’s program, equivalent to 3 Credit Hours to last 15 weeks at 3 learning hours per week. He pays a registration fee of $150 and a tuition fee of $450.
John changes his mind and withdraws from school during week 3, he is entitled to a prorated refund except for the registration fee.
Each week is equivalent to $450/15= $30, John consumed 3 weeks meaning 3*30= $90.
Joe will get a refund of $450-$90= $360 within the next 30 days.
- If for unseen reasons the University is permanently closed or no longer shall offer instruction, the – – —– school, at its option:
– Provide a full refund of all monies paid.
– Provide for completion of the course.
- Applicants denied admissions by the University are entitled to a refund of all money paid except for non-refundable registration fees, after the allowable five business days.
- If the student or the University cancels this agreement the rules for cancellation and refund above will apply.
- Students who wish to continue their education at other schools must not assume that credits earned at the university will be accepted by the receiving institution. Transfer of Credits from AULM is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
- Students can use the university placement assistance services as described, but AULM does not guarantee employment upon completion of programs.